Monday, December 28, 2009

L.A. Holiday


Now that it's past, I realize that most of December and November careened by, leaving me with motion-blurred image memories and whatever I managed to get down in words here, or elsewhere. Work promised, was completed and delivered, deals initiated were signed and sealed, and obligations met just under the wire to avoid penalties. A sigh of relief, privately marked with long-overdue phone and underwear upgrades, readied me for the Christmas celebration with family and friends.

Since the 23rd, I haven't done much of anything; by that I mean in the sense of producing. And I've missed that tangible proof of accomplishment that comes with holding an object aloft and declaring: "I made this!" I have, however run a gamut of emotions relating to this past year and just now am beginning to reflect on 2009 and mentally organize myself for the coming year. A trip to Watts Towers on Christmas Day put me on an unexpected Train of Thought, and I'm still taking that ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment